So this week we´ve been getting ready for school to start. Monday we had an aula de recurso meeting and divided up the kids. I´m going to work with 3-5 graders, plus two special ed kids (we divided them up). So since I had names, I was able to read about what they worked on last year, what they struggled with, etc. So I have some idea of the kids I´ll be working with.
I also cleaned my classroom, which entailed a battle against the 100 or so spiders that think my room is a good place to live. I think I won this round, but we´ll see if they go away. I kinda doubt it. But my room is much cleaner. Much less dust, spider webs, and leaves.
Tomorrow I´m going to Rivas to buy some supplies and to meet Casey and her friend who are coming to stay for the weekend. So that´s exciting! The kids all come back later today too, so things are going to be different around here!
Then on Monday school starts! The first week we´re just going to be visiting classrooms, watching lessons, talking to teachers, and setting up our schedule. So we´ll get an idea of how things work and what types of things the kids are learning.
During the year we´re also going to be working with the kids during homework time (3-5). So I´ll be working with the little girls and the older girls.
I got some exciting news yesterday! I don´t know if I wrote about this, but last week on Monday I was working all afternoon on math with Alba. She failed her math class during the school year, so she had to pass the test on Tuesday or she going to have to take the whole year over again. So I was working with her really hard all afternoon in hopes that she could pass. Yesterday I finally caught up with her again and she passed! So she gets to go on to her second year of high school! She asked me if I would help her during the year, and since I´m working in the girls´ house during homework time, that will be very easy.
So that´s what´s been going on here! Things will probably get much busier soon since the kids are all coming back and school is starting. So I might not have time to write quite as often. But I´ll do what I can!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment